ain't about the cha-ching, cha-ching!

Gosh it's already halfway through Ramadhan.
Like I always say "Time surely flies like a G6!"

Hari Raya theme this year would be pink-purple.
Me, my parents and my sisters have already bought our new attires for the celebration way before Ramadhan started.
I usually buy only one new baju kurung every year, and would re-use my old baju kurungs.
Well, not that old actually as I'd only wear them for attending wedding ceremonies or family kenduri.
One thing for sure, I don't really splurge on this type of attires.
Simply because I definitely wouldn't wear them often and I just don't want to waste money on dry cleanings.
On top of that, I'm not a believer in dry cleaning, it just doesn't seem, hurm, clean. I prefer gentle hand washing.
However, I really believe that whatever you're wearing, it should be you wearing them.
And not the clothes wearing you.
You are supposed to shine, whatever you're wearing is just like a side dish -to spice up your food.
Think of it like this, if you swear by a piece of cloth, imagine if something spilled on it, your day would be ruined -because you really splurge on it and you depend on the cloth to make you shine.
Why would you let a piece of cloth ruin your day?
Sh*t happens, get over it.

The same goes with shoes, handbags and accessories.
I love shoes.
No. I'm madly in love with shoes.
There were times when I had already planned in mind what to wear, which shoes and handbags to match prior to going out.
Then after 2 hours of walking, some shoes do gave me blisters and I would just go and change to whatever shoes I have in my car.
Be it blue, green or even yellow and didn't match my whole attire at all.
After all, I bet people don't actually notice. If they ever did, they would forget it after a minute they walk pass me.
Sometimes we're too obsessed with how people would think of us when really, they do not.
Unless you're a celebrity, of course. Then you'd be on those gossip websites which we all have love-hate relationship with.

Anyway, as we're in the midst of Ramadhan, it's nice to remind 0urselves not to overspend or overeat or oversleep.
Over praying is fine, nonetheless.

*remember our favourite fashionista, Becky Bloomwood?*

*pics googled*

Frankly, in the end, you don't need anything expensive to look good.
*I'd rather save up money for vacation these days. Vacation surely needs tonnes of money!*
All you need is to be confident with yourself.
And the best part is -confidence is absolutely free!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment