two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

*The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost*

It's funny how I'm always reminded of this poem every time I'm torn between two choices.
Other than performing solat istikharah for Allah's guidance, this poem helps me to think over which 'road' I should take.
At the moment I'm very torn over where to work at, either in Melaka or around Selangor.
As accommodation isn't a problem, it's more of where my heart is.

If I decided to work in Melaka, it'll be good because I'm close with my family which is the biggest plus point. I get homesick a lot when I'm away so staying close with my family is probably, hands down, the only reason I need to make me work in Melaka.
Other than that, I believe I could save more because there's no toll and everywhere is considered near here.
Even though I know I'd be missing my close friends who live in Selangor, I could just visit them once a month over the weekends. Selangor is just about 1 1/2 hours from Melaka anyway.
Another downside? Maybe I'll be having less social life as my close friends are all far away and there's not much great shopping malls here. Hehehe...

If I decided to work in Selangor, the pros and cons would just be the opposite of the above reasons.
Oh dear...

You know, sometimes I wish I could just be a housewife or work from home or just teach tuition classes a few hours a week.
I really don't mind doing laundry and cooking, I'm accustomed to that by now.
My mom is a housewife since she got married to my dad. Although she said it can be very boring to stay at home, as a child it feels really different. Nothing beats my mom's cooking and knowing that she takes care of everything very well makes me more appreciative and we grow closer. Mom used to pick me up from school and I would tell her everything about school as soon as I hopped into the car. I even told her about my high school crushes and we would just laugh along.
I'm not sure if I'm working I would have time to really listen to my children as I'm marking students' papers. I guess I've to sharpen my multitasking skills from now.

On a second thought, I guess I should get a boyfriend first.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment