Out of All Days

Betty's signal lights are off.
I went to a Proton service centre, they checked the fuse and nothing's wrong with it.
They asked me to go to Glenmarie instead.
On the way, there's a common workshop and I dropped by.
They gave me the same reasoning.
So I went to Glenmarie and as usual, they knew what happened when I told them of the condition.
They even guessed the car series right.
And they asked me to come again after Friday prayer.

I'm not complaining.
I am forever grateful for having Betty.
She drives me around and I'm not a great driver. You can imagine the numbers of potholes I rammed into because I didn't notice it. Could be I was busy texting.
But the thing that really annoys me is that there's always problems with Proton cars and it seems to be neverending.
A month after I got Betty, as expected with Proton cars, the driver-sear window button wasn't working. Then when it's fixed, the passenger-seat window button wasn't working.
And don't let me start on how ludicrous it is to change the Clarion radio channels.
Now it's the signal lights.
Betty is only two years old for goodness sake.
I dare not imagine what could happen in the next 12 or 20 years.
Darn and now I've turned into this pessimistic jerk.

On times like these, I try to see the glass half full.
This is a test from God.
Why out of all days this happened today.
On a Friday where every road is stuck with jams.
On a day where I've planned to 'berbuka puasa' in Serdang with my friends which now I've to cancel due to the hell-ish traffic jams because the car service is gonna end around 4pm, I think.
On a fasting day where my stomach is already growling by noon and the hot weather is not helping at all.
'Sabar itu separuh daripada iman'
That's all I manage to say to stop myself from cursing.
And be grateful because at least I have a car that saves me from rain and shine whenever I need to go somewhere.
Alhamdulillah.


-qils-

No comments:

Post a Comment