Movie: Inception


Disgustingly brilliant.
That's all I can conclude when the credits started rolling at the end of the movie.

Christopher Nolan is just so freakingly genius.
I was not a big fan of 'Dark Knight' before but 'Inception' totally blew my mind.
And nope, I am not being biased over Leo DiCaprio.
He's good, I don't doubt that.
But the movie itself has all the elements of a good movie -action, humour, sadness, romance, twist and well, yeah, good looking actors and actresses.
I won't go into the synopsis of the movie because I believe most people have watched it and also the fact that you can just google everything.

I've some of my friends saying the movie is rubbish, that they couldn't understand a thing about it.
On the other hand, the only thing I can say about the movie is that if you blink for too long, you're going to miss everything.
If you decided to go to the washroom, don't bother returning to the theater.
The movie is heavy, that I have to admit.
But it is not non-understandable.
I think I have prepared myself to stay focused throughout the movie because it's all about layers of dreams and at a point, you may be confused on which dream they are in.

Honestly, I am mostly indulged with the idea that we can actually control our sub-conscious mind, for example, when we are dreaming.
Urgh, I can hardly remember my dreams. Seriously. I would just get a gist of what I dream of which usually involves only place and people.
I can't even remember what I do or say in my dreams so the fact that research has proven you can really control your sub-conscious mind, isn't it fascinating?
Wouldn't you want to be able to take control of every second you have in your life?
Basically, that's what they do in the movie, controlling people's dreams.
Or manipulating their dreams.
Into something they believe is the truth.
That is inception.

"What's the most resilient parasite? An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules. Which is why I have to steal it."
-Dom Cobb

"The seed that we planted in this man's mind may change everything."
-Dom Cobb

Anyway, the movie is just not about the cunning storyline but also the actors and actresses.
Leo DiCaprio, well, he's good but I felt like his role is almost the same as in 'Shutter Island'.
*i love 'Shutter Island'!*
Ellen Page is gorgeous!
She has definitely grown up and her acting skill is not so bad at all.
And Joseph Gordon Levitt, hurm, where shall I start?
I watched him when he was just a boy in '3rd Rock From The Sun' and now he's a hunk!
A hot hunk!
I honestly did not know he's in the movie in the first place.
He's getting so good in acting.
Seriously, I think it's his and Ellen's characters that really complete the movie.

*awesome-ness*

I also couldn't help but to notice how much Joseph resembles the late Heath Ledger.
They definitely look so much alike!

*look at those eyes!*

This is totally the movie of the year.
I don't mind watching it again.
And again.


p/s
I found this super adorable pic of Heath and his daughter, Matilda.
*sooooo cute!*

Can't wait for 'The RepoMan'!
It's looking good! =)


-qils-


2 comments:

  1. OoOoo I love the movie too! to bits!!! Its hard to find movies that intrigue me anymore .. but this one literally blew my mind! FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sangat best kan Sis! Sooo exhilarating! Totally movie of the decade! =)

    ReplyDelete