The Movies of 2011!!

It's gonna be one awesome year!
Great movies are lining up to feast your eyes, ears mind, heart and almost every part of your body!
Okay, some may not be so great, which I won't anticipate that much but with Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on the list, I truly wouldn't mind.

Black Swan. I so wanna watch this I could cry if it's not shown in Malaysian theaters. Everything is so late in Malaysia.

Another must watch movie is The Way Back, I've been waiting for this movie! Been reading only good stuff about it since last year. Can't wait!

We also have Vidal Sassoon The Movie this year which I don't expect to be shown in cinemas here. I'm excited for this movie. I've always loved biographical movies and Coco Before Chanel is still one of my favourites, not to mention Audrey Tatou is sexier than her French accent!

If you like cool, fighting movies, there's The Eagle which my first thought was another movie like A Knight's Tale, minus the sense of humour. Looks a lot like Troy, too. What I like most about period movies is the amazing costumes that they create to make the movies work. So that would only be the reason for me to watch The Eagle. And oh, yes, Channing Tatum is another reason but I honestly don't think he's cut for this movie. He just looked too cute and clean to be fighting in those armours and brush helmet. And Jamie Bell? He's my Billy Elliot and I want to keep it that way. Not sure if I'm gonna watch it though.
There's a similar movie, Thor, the god of thunder and the movie is based from the comic which I never read. Reminds me of The Lord of the Rings + Harry Potter + Tron + Clash of the Titans + Kingdom of Heaven.

Moving on to Hanna, now, watching the trailer reminds me an awful lot of Kick Ass. A young beautiful girl trained to face the "real world" with black belt tae kwon do and how to use multiple cool guns and machines. Anyway, I somehow kind of excited to watch Hanna just because of the gorgeous actors they have in the movies. Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, Eric Bana, Eric Bana again. And again. That kid, Saoirse, has the most piercing eyes I've ever seen on anyone. Exquisite!

Next, Fast Five baby! It's the fifth installment of The Fast and Furious, and it's gonna be AWESOME! Can't wait to see what cars they're playing with this time.
And there's also Paul Walker so enough said.
*i'm giggling now*

Another eye candy? Let's watch Limitless. Bradley Cooper is HOT!
If you still can't get enough of pretty boys on screen, there Alex Pettyfer in I Am Number Four. There's also the sweet Diana Argon in it.
The Green Lantern. Never a fan of the comic but two words: Ryan Reynolds. And yeah, Blake Lively's in it, too.

We also have Kill the Irishman starring Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken. Seems like The Godfather but hey, NO amount of movies can top The Godfather. I am a big fan of the movies, thanks to my daddy and two brothers, I can even remember their infamous lines such as "keep your enemies closer" and of course "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse".
Anyway Kill the Irishman may bring back the mob movies. There's no mob movies in 2010 (Takers is so not a mob movie) so hopefully my brother downloads it because there's no way it's gonna be shown here.

Fancy a comedy? Your Highness looks hilarious!
Love the era, costumes, accent, Natalie Portman, Zooey Deschanel and James Franco!

Of course I wouldn't pass sappy movies. I'm a sucker for romantic scenes no matter how slow or cliche the storyline is!
Waiting For Forever (Rachel Bilson & Tom Sturridge) seems like a nice movie to reminisce our childhood crushes.
The Other Woman with Natalie Portman (she's everywhere in 2011!) is a possible tearjerker.
And I definitely wanna watch Somewhere, another Sofia Coppola movie which is a beautiful father-daughter drama.

Let's get to the movies that make me cringe just by watching their trailers.
First, Real Steel. Where should I even start? The robots? The boxing ring? The scene in which the robot and Hugh Jackman practice fighting? Seriously?! Leave it to the Transformers, people.
Even a hot-and-sweating Hugh Jackman can't make me watch this movie. Sorry mate.
The we have a psychopath thriller The Resident (Hilary Swank) which is about a woman moves into a new apartment and guess what? She has a stalker. So, nope, a big no no for me.
I can stand Texas Chainsaw Massacre but a stalker movie, even though the cute Lee Pace is co-acting, won't win my vote.
The Red Riding Hood? Nope. I love Amanda Seyfried a lot but the movie doesn't feel right.
Cowboys and Aliens? Bad combination. Totally.

Okay, so there goes my anticipated movies of 2011.
And not-so-anticipated ones.
But hey, these are based solely on my opinions and personal taste on movies.
It's a year full of action-packed movies so hold on tight to your seat and popcorn!
Have I told you 2011 is gonna be awesome??

*all pics googled*
*click on the movie titles for trailers*

*can someone tell me if we ever would watch Never Let Me Go in Malaysia? I can't find the DVD anywhere!*

3 comments:

  1. I dah tgk Black Swan! I have it. It's sooooo good! :D It's showing here in Malaysia but I think only in feb, march or april.. I don't remember..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah alamak .. I baca this entry dah lah sibuk fikir bilalah nak tengok all these movies! hehe! The most anticipated movie for me would have to be Harry Potter! hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimi,
    I.need.to.copy.it.from.you.please!! I swear I'd stalk you to the gym until I get it! hahaha LOL!


    Sis Nana,
    Oh my I forgot about Harry Potter! Seems like I've to continue the movies list! hehe! Ye la Sis, too many movies and too little time..huhu

    ReplyDelete