summer holidays in Seoul! (Day 5)

Our day 5 in Seoul was simply breathtaking.
We started early because holidays are just not the time to sleep in.
Ruhil had gone home the night before and her friends were visiting her from outside of Seoul so she couldn't join us.
But she had already taught me everything I need to know about the subway system so I didn't worry much. God bless her.

We had planned our journey for today to be a trip to Nami Island.
Now, if you're a fan of Korean dramas, you would remember the first ever Korean drama series played on TV in Malaysia.
I supposed it's in 2001 or 2002, if I'm not mistaken, and the super famous drama was 'Winter Sonata'. If was so famous that me and friends all watched it and discussed about it at school.
And it's a love at first sight when I saw Jun Sang or his real name Bae Yong-joon. He's such a sweetheart in the drama.
Damn I'm a sucker for anything romantic.
Back to Nami Island, the place became famous mainly because of the drama which was also a hit in Korea.
It took us around an hour and a half to get there by train.
The place was breathtaking, beautiful and as weird as this may sound, romantic. You can feel the love here. It's like everyone was so happy to be here.
I bet the place would be even more gorgeous during spring or winter.
I'd definitely come back to Nami Island for my honeymoon!
Guess I've to start looking for a potential future husband now.
LOL!
*waiting for ferry*
*the famous 'first kiss' table*
*the statues of Jun Sang & the heroine, Yoo Jin*
*my parents trying their best to be an older version of Jun Sang & Yoo Jin. cute!*

We spent almost four hours on the serene island before taking the jetty back to train station and straight back to Seoul.
Next place we had in mind was another famous location for another drama, 'Boys Over Flowers', The Seoul Tower or Namsan Tower.
From the nearest train station, we needed to take cab as there's no bus or other train going up there. The cab dropped us at the cable car station and it cost us 2,000Won. Not bad for a cab fare.
From the cable car, we were able to see the town of Seoul. We could actually see how crowded the city was.
The tower is also famous for the massive number of padlocks around the fence or Locks of Love. Lovebirds would write love notes on the padlocks and lock them on the fence, symbolising a promise of eternal love between them.
Don't bother counting the padlocks. Or even read them. You'll go blind. There's just way too many to read.
On top of that, I bet the tower would look immensely beautiful at night especially with all the lights on. It is open at night and there's a lot of tour packages that choose to bring tourists there at night.
*now do you believe me when I said don't bother reading?*

I have hundreds of pictures taken but don't think it can all fit here.
One thing for sure, these two places are 'a must visit' places when you're in Seoul.
They'd take your breath away in a whole different kind of way.
Just like falling in love.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment