summer holidays in Seoul! (Day 7 -final day)

It is a norm for everything to end.
Every starting mark has its finishing line.
The same goes to my great journey in Seoul. As much as I hated to leave, I missed my own bed and bathroom and my 5yo nephew.

It was raining on our final day in Seoul.
Our flight home was almost midnight so we still got a few hours to embrace the last moments in this beautiful cultural rich country.
We decided to to visit The Museum of King Sejong the Great because my dad is a big fan of a drama about the king.
It was raining heavily and because of the weather, it was quite a hassle to find the museum.
It took us almost an hour of walking in the rain and two policemen to guide us there.
Such an adventure on the very last day.
And the museum was, well, disappointing.
First, the guide book was written in Korean. Secondly, the description at every historical item found in the museum was also in Korean.
Basically, we couldn't understand a thing there.
It doesn't make sense for a museum to not include English translation but who am I to criticize upon this matter, they probably have their own explanation.
You can read the history of the great king here.

*The Museum of King Sejong the Great*

We made our last stop at Itaewon for our last lunch here.
A Pakistani man gave us pamphlet of a buffet restaurant and we decided to give a try.
The food wasn't that bad but not so variety for a price of 15,000Won per head. The naan bread was nice and fluffy, though.
*Maha Raja Restaurant*

We stopped by at home to refresh ourselves and to collect out luggage bags.
The landlady was at church so we said goodbye to her through phone call. Her husband was at home but he couldn't speak English, a very nice guy.
He called a Jumbo cab for us which can fit up to six people. The cab took us straight to Incheon International Airport, for almost an hour journey and it cost us 80,000Won. It was still raining when we arrived at the airport at around 6pm.
We had some good rest at the airport, just lazying around and walked around the airport. We checked in quite early as we planned to do some last minute shopping at the duty free shops.
Worse thing happened -the duty free shops close at 9pm in this airport.
What a day.
But we did manage to grab few things before the shops closed -bought more beauty stuff.
Hehehe..
Our flight was delayed for half an hour, probably because of the bad weather.
*Incheon International Airport*
='(

I bid goodbye to Seoul at 12.05am.
It was a hard goodbye, a bittersweet feeling because at the same I can't wait to return home.
I was too tired I couldn't sleep at all on our journey home.
I really enjoyed my time in Seoul, despite the language barrier, the city is a place I wanna come back in the future.
And a thing I truly respect of Koreans would be the fact that they don't smoke in public. I remember walking down the streets in Myeongdong and people would stop to smoke in the alleys, not while walking in public.
Try walking in Jln TAR in Malaysia and you'll have people exhale their cigarette smoke into your face.
I decided then with this mentality and attitude of no respect towards others, we'll never move forward and be developed as Korea or Japan.
I have nothing against smokers, it's your choice but it's proven that secondhand smoke is dangerous, thus, don't drag non-smokers, children and helpless old people into your smoky living hell.
Oh well, I better rest my case.
Why would they care about others when they themselves provide nicotine into their own lungs?

And so with a slight bump, we safely landed at LCCT at 4.45am.
Alhamdulillah.
They don't say 'home sweet home' for nothing.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment