Procrastination

I hate myself whenever I procrastinate.
Like tonight, when I have assignments that I need to finish up soon.
I rarely procrastinate, you know.
But I would procrastinate on things I loathe.

*e.g. assignments*

Sometimes I rethink on the reasons of me doing my Master.
The only reason: higher post/salary.
That's it.
Not for self-satisfaction (hell, no!) or my love for studying (urgh!) or because I just love writing literature reviews.

I hate literature review. Seriously.
Article review is still fine with me but literature review is killing me!
Literally!
The agony of finding articles on the same topic (which is never easy despite the humongous size of library at the faculty), the agony to actually READ everything, the agony of choosing sub-topics and not forgetting the agony of writing the review!
Damn.
I love writing but not something on pidgin or creoles or school-based assessment!

I just want to get my Master done and work hard to earn my moolah!
And maybe buy my first Christian Louboutin -for real!
Or even go to Ireland for holidays!
Hey, I study hard, I work hard, I play hard.

Serius lah, I am getting bored of classes and assignments.
I'd rather mark 100 students' assignments than doing one.
And I'm not even working at the moment. I wonder how my friends who work and study at the same time get over the stress. And the ones with family? I salute you alls ok!

Why am I not enjoying my classes?
I'm sorry I know I'm going to be a language teacher later but I don't find it necessary to learn about creoles! Or Tok Pisin! Language teacher is not a linguist, is what I believe.
Sometimes I feel like what I'm learning since undergrad years are pointless. Like this subject CALL in my final semester, we had to create/design courseware! You know, that CD thingy that helps to learn with so much fun.
*please note the sarcasm*
For goodness sake, I'm going to be a teacher! Why the hell did I have to create a courseware??
And I am soooo buta IT ok!
It's pointless!
And the fact that my Master is 2-years long is not helping either. Tak membantu menaikkan semangat langsung. I just don't get it why it has to be that long. If my dad were a millionaire, I would definitely beg to study in UK. Duh!
I have friends who are studying in UK at the moment, they started later than me but going to finish earlier than me.
I'll never opt for loans, PTPN pun semput nak bayar nih. Cett!

You see how I chose to write this post than doing my assignments?

I don't know why I'm so bloody pissed off with the system.
PMS kut.

Tekanan perasaan.

-qils-

2 comments:

  1. Chill qils..
    wat masa ni kita maybe xnmpak sgt kepentingan ada level2 master n phd tuh..but once dh ada anak.. =)
    bnyk membantu..
    finish ur master 1st..then start think another step..u dun have any commitment now aite..houseloan,car? except PTPTIPU..=p

    so enjoy ur student life as u can..
    anyway..GUD LUCK..

    p/s: dun forget to share ur courseware..i want to try it.. =)

    ReplyDelete