#GE13

It's voting day here in Malaysia on the 5th of May.
I voted for the first time so I was excited and nervous at the same time. 
First times are always hard to forget. I woke really early yesterday, had my shower and got ready then waited for everyone else downstairs while taking my quick brekkie which usually is a cup of 3in1 Regular Nescafe.
It almost felt like Hari Raya. Seriously.

So we went to our voting venue which happened to be my old primary school. Not much of memories here as I only stayed for a year for my UPSR, before that I lived in KL.
I guess as it's a once-in-5-years event the process got a bit out of control. The lines were everywhere, people were confused, the officers didn't really know how to handle the situation and the place was super stuffy.
The worst thing? My parents and other senior citizens had to queue for almost an hour before they got their turns. Plus their venue was on the first floor so I felt really bad seeing them climbing up the stairs with much effort.
It's not like there's no class on the ground level that they can use.
Oh well.

Anyway, after we had done voting, we went for a brunch and went home and basically my parents only talked politics the whole day.

 
*i'm turning into a Na'vi from the movie Avatar. Yeaaah!*

And as usual on Sunday evening, I went to the pasar malam in my neighbourhood.
Just another Sunday.
Life goes on.

3 comments:

  1. hey.. Happy New Year..I haven't blogged in ages! I remember stumbling by your blog during Adam Lambert's concert.. lol Hope you are doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mariposa, happy new year to you too! Yesss how can I forget the only Geisha at Adam's concert! ;) Hope you're doing well too. Here's to another great year! Hopefully we both can keep up with our blogs. LOL!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete