BR: The Face Shop, SkinFood & Nature Republic BB Creams


I just realized so far I mostly did reviews on facial masks so now I decided to review a cosmetic product, a product the Korean pioneered –BB Cream. 
It’s true that Koreans really have almost flawless skin as you may see in dramas, regardless of which gender. 
I honestly want their genes. 
(*_*) 
However, it’s not like they’re sans make up, they wear BB Cream to look more radiant and unlike normal foundation, the texture of BB Cream glides easily on skin and looks more natural. 
I went crazy during my Seoul trip and bought seven different types of BB Creams from various brands. 

These are the first three I have started using, (left to right) 
1. The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX BB Cream SPF20 PA++
2. Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+
3. Nature Republic By Flower BB Cream SPF35 PA++


All come with at least SPF20 which is great because I don’t need to use other sunblock cream. 
As you may know, SPF is 'sun protection factor' which protects our skin from UVB ray, the one that causes sunburn.
PA, on the other hand, is protection grade from UVA ray, it may cause long-term skin damage. Thus, the more '+' a product has, the higher protection it has against UVA rays.

Back to the review, the shades are different from one another but after they ‘melt’ into skin, not much difference at all. 


Let’s review them individually. 
The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX
This is quite cheap, probably around 5kW or RM15 but saw it's sold here for RM29.90 if I’m not mistaken. 
The aftermath: 
Glides easily on skin and doesn’t suffocate my skin. Covers my skin and blemishes quite well. 
Cons: 
It’s quite oily and runny for me. I think it suits ones with dry skin so I've passed this to my baby sis.

Skinfood Peach Sake Pore
I cannot remember the price I bought in Seoul but here it costs RM49.90. 
The aftermath: 
The peach smell is heavenly! It’s very easy to apply and thick enough to cover my blemishes. 
Cons:
Tube with pump is just very inconvenient, quite difficult to control the amount needed.
I've been using this for awhile and it doesn’t really cover my pores albeit its name. 
That or I probably have humongous pores. 
(*_*)

Nature Republic By Flower
Again, not sure the price in Seoul but here I saw it’s sold for RM39.90. 
The Aftermath:  
The liquid is the thickest among all three but skin is still breathable. It also covers my blemishes and pores quite well. 
Cons: 
Skin needs to be a bit moist before slapping this because of its thick consistency or it’ll streak on the skin obviously. Not bad and I might repurchase.

 Some have claimed that BB Creams may clog pores worse than normal foundation but with proper cleansing, I believe this problem can be avoided.
I personally prefer BB Creams over foundation now mainly because BB Creams provide me a more natural look.
But it's always up to your preference and skin type and condition.
(^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment