lawyer-ed!

Ok that's actually from HIMYM. 
I miss BarneyTedRobinMarshallLili. 
I used to be so obsessed with the series. Now that Season 8 is said to be their final season, I'm kind of sad which is a reason why I'm stalling the time to watch the final episodes. 
='(

Anyway, on another note, I'm actually not a fan of lawyer-ish drama. The US has TONS of lawyer-ish series that I'm too lazy to list. 
Nevertheless, it seems I'm already caught up with the latest series on lawyers -'Suits'.
I just love the title. My knees go week everytime I see men in suits. There is something about these guys (or the suits) that makes them look, I don't know.. Hot? Confident? Charismatic? No matter how I see it, it's always the men who wear the suits, not the suits that wear the men. You know what I mean? 
So you have an interview? Wear a suit. It compliments your confidence and personality.
Or you're out for a date? Put on a blazer over a nice fitting t-shirt and boom! You're as hot as KPop male celebs! (e.g TOP, Won Bin. LOL!)

 *pic credit: Wikipedia*

The thing is, about this drama 'Suits', I have three different definitions for the title.
First is, of course, the suits every man in the show is wearing. Like, most of the time.
Second, I personally think Gabriel Macht really suits his character 'Harvey Spector'. He seems nasty and nauseatingly over-confident but there are times he needs to take his hat off and I really like the balance of both characteristics. Love love love it!
Finally, the third reason is, well, court suits, which is what the drama is all about -suing one another, saving each other's as*es, threatening anyone that gets in the way... usual stuff in most lawyer-ish series.

So yeah, that's what I think of the series.
I won't say I religiously follow every episode, I did miss few scenes. I don't really bother if I need to go to the loo while it's showing, I just leave the couch.
I guess the storyline doesn't really appeal to me. And I've to say it has weak scripts, just like 'Revenge'. God, Emily VanCamp is super gorgeous and I tried really hard to like the series but I just couldn't!
I was waiting for 'those' lines to come, just like HIMYM, The Godfather, Star Wars, Gossip Girl did...but it never did! I got bored.

So yeah, it's not all about pretty faces that keep me stuck with the show.
Storyline and scripts are just as important. 
Why would you watch something for hours but after it ends, you can't even remember a single line worth pondering?
(*_*)

No comments:

Post a Comment