BR: e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Eggplant & Teal

Hellllooooooo......
*GD's "One of a Kind" style*
I am obsessed with that song at the moment. It's so catchy. It makes me wanna move around, shakes my head a bit. I always clap my hands according to the beat while listening to it. It has become a habit now.
Anyway, I'm writing this while listening to the song so I'm really in a bubbly mood right now.
(^.^)

This time it'll be a review on a cream eyeshadow by e.l.f
It actually stands for 'EyesLipsFace'. So cute right?
I bought a few items from e.l.f website through a spree which I have a love-hate relationship with.
On the plus side, spree is great because it helps to minimize the shipping cost. If I were to buy straight from the website, the shipping cost from US might be more expensive than the products. Thus, spree is much more convenient and there's no limit to the amount of the items I want. I can order one item or 50 items.
However, buying through spree means I have to wait for-ever! Spree has a closing time, usually around 2-3 weeks. Same goes with shipping from US after the closing date. In short, I've to wait for more than a month for the items to arrive. So by the time the items arrive, the excitement just isn't there anymore.
So because of the waiting time, I always make sure I order as many items as I want so I don't have to do another order in a long time.

All items that I ordered were make up stuff -eyeshadows, blusher, eye primer, mascara, lipgloss etc.
e.l.f. has three different types (not sure if 'types' is the correct term) which are Essential, Mineral and Studio. 
I bought different items for all three types and the best part of e.l.f is it's freaking cheap!
For Essential items, most only cost $1 while the cheapest for Mineral and Studio is $3 which is still cheap!
I was a bit skeptical over the price in the beginning but some products are really good.
And so far none of the items break me out or give me bad skin reaction.
So yeah, I'm loving e.l.f.!

Now let's start with the review!
*finally!*
 The first item from e.l.f. that I wanna share about is its Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Eggplant and Teal.
This costs only $3 each or about RM10-RM15.
 I wasn't a huge fan of cream eyeshadow because I have typical Chinese eyes or monolids (I have Chinese grandmothers from both sides). Whenever I use cream eyeshadow on my lids, after about 3 hours I'd get creases on the top of my lids which is super annoying. And my oily lids are so not helping. The same goes with gel eyeliner so I only use liquid type these days.
 So here are some pictures of the cream eyeshadows.

*pic credit: voussouriez.com*
*comes in boxes like these*

*look at that size!*

*eggplant*
*sorry forgot to take a pic of teal!*


*Shade: Eggplant. left: without Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP). right: with UDPP*

*Shade: Teal. top: with UDPP. bottom: without UDPP*

*super waterproof*

e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Eggplant & Teal, 10g
The pros:
Fairly pigmented. Shade is a lot better with UDPP.
Dries pretty fast, doesn't crease.
Super duper waterproof! Lasts the whole day! Yay for monolids!
It's cheaaaaaap!
The cons:
Need to use fingers or Q-tip because it's hard to blend in the cream using eyeshadow brush.
Pretty tough to remove, need to use a really good and oil-based make up remover.
The packaging is just too big and heavy and ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment