Alexander McQueen

For all of you who don't know,
Alexander McQueen is not an actor/model/footballer/my dad.
Well, if he is my dad, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Anyway, Alexander McQueen, in my own definition, is an audacious artist whose mind is flooded with wild imagination that will always leave people (especially me!) in awe whenever he strikes his sketching pencil on a blank paper that later turns in masterpieces.
What a long definition, huh?

Hailed from London, born Lee Alexander McQueen enjoys scuba diving during his free time.
His first memory of fashion was when he drew pictures of dresses for his three sisters. So the kid liked drawing. No biggie.
Right...sounds like a normal guy, eh?
Except that he has won 'British Designer of the Year' for four years between 1996-2003 and has worked with Givenchy before, he's not so typical.
Since the last few years, his has transferred his 'artwork' on shoes and the result is insanely amazing!
Don't believe me?
See them yourself!

From a common pair...
To this unique butterfly piece...
And this gorgeous detailed boots...
And to these...!!!

But these shoes below are the ultimate eye-catcher for me! These babies are to die for!

They are called 'Alien', 'Armadillo' and other quirky names that can never equally define them.
It's 10 inches high! 10 inches! 10-bloody-inches!
How on earth would anyone wear them?
I wonder how my chubby feet would bend in these pairs.
And it was reported that runaway models refused to wear them for catwalk because they're worried they might fall down!
Hard to digest that, huh?
I have seen only one human being who could pull this off.
Lady Gaga!
If you watch her amazing 'Bad Romance' video, you will see her strutting two of McQueen's crazy heels! I go ga-ga everytime I see the video!

Oh, I know you'll say "Well, I can wear and sit in the shoes, too. What's the big deal?"

Well no, she didn't sit only. She actually walked in that shoes. She paraded those 'Alien' shoes.

And look at the advertisement for the collection, exquisite and risque!!

Love the shoes. Love the snakes. Love the model, Raquel Zimmermann. Love the colours.

This is the most exciting advertisement I've ever seen in my entire 24-years of life!

*Can you spot the shoes darlings? Shot by the talented Nick Knight*

I would really love and are thankful if I were given a chance of wearing them.Even if it's only for one minute. Seriously.McQueen doesn't plan to sell them on retail though. If they ever do, I can't wait to see the price tag! Must cost a fortune!

Things people do for fashion.

Utterly mesmerizing.

-qils-

No comments:

Post a Comment