Miss MacGyver

I'd always thought myself to be handy.
I know how to change the fuse inside the plugs, fix leaking pipes, change the lamps and starter plugs, change door knobs...
I guess it runs in the blood, my father has always been the handy type.
He thinks calling for people would be a waste of money.
For example, when I was locked from the outside of my room, the house guard hammered the knob until it's broken into pieces.
I called few people who can fix the door and the charges were between RM30-RM70.
One fine day, I sent my duvet to a laundry centre and there's a hardware shop next to my laundry centre. I asked the salesperson about door knobs and he taught me the way to ensemble the door knob, all by yourself.
The knob only cost me RM15.
I did it on my own.
And I was very proud of myself.

So when my Sony Ericsson K770i handphone digits couldn't work last week, I told myself I need to fix it on my own this time because just around 8months ago I spent almost RM150 just to change the digits.
Blardy RM150!
I could add a few more hundreds and get myself a new handphone!
I had to buy torx screwdrivers, though, which cost me RM8.
Torx screws basically looks like a six-petals flower, not like Phillips screws.

*torx screwdrivers*

*torx tip. pic googled.*

*phillips. pic googled.*

*daddy's handy screwdrivers*

Carefully, I disassembled my K770i, starting from the back cover, pulled out the battery and unscrewed all 10 super tiny screws. Phillips screwdrivers were also needed.
After almost 2hours figuring out what really happened to the digits, the problem was actually with the connection of the electronic circuit board. It was a bit lose and upon hearing the click sound, the digits' lights came back to life!
Okay I was being dramatic.
But still, I was so happy with the fact that I don't have to buy a new handphone.
Especially with my financial state at the moment.
hahahaha
Darn it I probably had paid RM150 just to fix a loosen board!

*during the operation*

*operation: successful! yippee!*

If you can fix your handphone, there's nothing that you cannot fix.
Right. Let's hope so.

2 comments:

  1. senorita... this thread make me 'ternganga'(i dont know what it call in english cikgu, sorry ;p)..

    allow me to stand and give my big applause to you qilah. (im standing now,and start to clap clap clap clap clap clap...x23)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much! When there's a will, there's a way! =D

    ReplyDelete