Nine

*watched on 8March2010 at Midvalley*

I truly enjoy musical movies.
It's like watching a long video clip of a song.
And we all love video clips.
Beautiful settings, gorgeous people in it, great dance moves..
And your body slowly moves along with the beat.
That's how I felt when I watched 'Nine'.

Rob Marshall.
For those who don't know him, he's THE director.
Brilliant director.
He directed 'Chicago', too. Another mesmerizing musical movie.
And for the record, he's directing the latest 'Pirates of the Carribean' at the moment.
At least that's what I heard.
Oh he also directed 'Memoir of a Geisha'.
Beautiful.

I won't summarize the movie here.
If you want to know more about it, you can Google it.
=)
I just want to babble about what I love so much about this movie.
Most people don't appreciate musical movies.
They find it boring and exaggerating.
I find these movies amusing, somehow.
My all time favourite would definitely be 'Grease' *old school habis!* and oh how I love guys in leather pants right after watching it.
Well, not anymore now, after I read those pants can sorta kill their 'soldiers'.
hahaha
Anyway, I like 'Hairspray', too.
Like, really really like.
Not because of Zac Efron, I swear, but because of the setting.
The 70s.
Remember the sitcom 'The 70's Show'?
We all love it, don't we?
Lotsa hair gel, bubble skirts, bell bottoms, pastel colours everywhere, tuxedos..
Lovely.

Back to 'Nine', although there's quite a number of actresses,
they all did a wonderful job!
They took in their roles and presented it like no one could imagine.
There's Kate Hudson, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren, Nicole Kidman, Fergie, Penelope Cruz & Marion Cotillard.
Gorgeous women from all decades!
Sophia Loren is still oh so sophisticated as ever.
And Kate Hudson can actually sing! And dance! And she looks so cute!
I like her song the most, 'Cinema Italiano'.
Nicole Kidman is always pretty as usual.
*keith urban is hot!*
All of them sing a song in the movie exept for Marion who sings two songs and she has this amazing facial expression that you sort of feel it, too.

*behind every successful man, stands a strong woman*

The actor,
Daniel Day Lewis.
OK, where should I start?
He can sing. He's got moves that are so suave. He's got style, you know.
And he's 53 years old.
Is it just me or all men of Hollywood look better as they get older?
Richard Gere *pengsan!*, Harrison Ford, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Willis, Ethan Hawke, Kevin Costner.
Aiyoh.
Well, I knew Daniel when I watched 'Gangs of New York'.
Mind you, my daddy is an avid fan of cowboys and mafias movies so I usually watch with him or else he'll watch it alone because my mom is not interested at all.
He's a huge fan of 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly', too huge of a fan that his handphone ringtone is the movie's famous melody.
But Daniel didn't awe me in 'Gangs of New York'. Leo DiCaprio did.
*bias. haha*
But I love Daniel in 'There Will be Blood'.
He's utterly amazing!
He won the-best-actor-or-something if I'm not mistaken for the role in the movie.
Yep, that good.
And that movie is around 3 hours, with not so much of dialogues so it's a pain to wait until it finished but his acting topped it all.

Basically, 'Nine' is another Marshall's midas' touch.
=)

My sisters and friends are always wondering how I can stand long drama movies with no action and long dialogues.
I've to say when it comes to movies, I'm pretty choosy.
I mean, I don't want to spend two hours watching baseless movies.
That's why I never watch 'Senario' or those 'Scary Movie'.
No offence, different people have different interests, you know.
Some of the movies I watched, my friends have never heard of it.
So it's either I'm a boring person, or my taste for movies is exceptional.
hahaha
AS IF!

I used to be a huge fan of 'Star Wars', you know.
Thanks to my elder brother.
I was just so amazed by the star troopers, lightsabres, capes, Darth Vader *luke, i am your father. haha!*, Yoda, Ewoks, Chewbacca and THE FORCE.
hahahaha
OMG I'm a geek.
haha
Now Aish wants a lightsabre. So cute.

I have lotsa all time fav movies, actually.
Aside from 'Clueless', I would pick 'Blood Diamond'. I think I've watched it, like, tens of times!
The story is so moving and, not being bias here I swear, Leo DiCaprio was just so damn good in it! I watched him when he was a kid in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?' and can't believe he's so grown up now.
And Johhny Depp...
OK, this will be a looooong post if I don't stop.
I'll continue in later posts.
Trust me, I have a lot to write about when it comes to movies.
AND JOHNNY DEPP.


-qils-

No comments:

Post a Comment