korean skincare & cosmetic brands

You may have noticed my obsession with Korean skincare and cosmetic brands.
It basically started when I visited Seoul in 2011. 
The beauty houses are everywhere, even underground along the way to subway and don't let me start with the streets at Myeondong. OMG that place is a shopping heaven!
I wrote a post about the street here.
I have two main reasons why I love Korean brands like Etude House, Skinfood, The Face Shop, Holika Holika, Tony Moly, It's Skin and Missha, among others.
First, these brands really pay attention with their packaging. I guess they truly understand how girls go crazy over the cutest things. I probably bought most products because they have irresistible packaging. 
I mean, look at Etude House, the whole shop is in pink! 
Everytime I pass the shop, I can feel it "pulling" me in. Not just me, my purse as well. 
Their shops in Seoul are much cuter! Even the cash machine is in pink! 
The second reason would be the price tag. They are much cheaper than those high end brands at departmental stores although I won't deny the quality and effectiveness of these high end brands like SKII, Biotherm, Estee Lauder and Lancome but as long those Korean products don't break my skin out, I'm a happy customer. Furthermore, especially for cosmetics which I use daily, products with cheaper price tag are more affordable for me who doesn't get a RM5000 paycheck at the end of the month. 

Oh I almost forgot another reason. 
It'd be the models of the brands.
How could I ever forget this?!
(^.^)
 
 *Song Joong Ki for Laneige Homme*
*pic credit: Laneige*

 *Kim Hyun Joong for The Face Shop*
*pic credit: The Face Shop*

 *Won Bin for Biotherm Homme*
*pic credit: soompi*

 *Nickhun for It's Skin*
*pic credit: It's Skin*

 *Yunho for Missha*
*pic credit: continuetvxq*

 *coming soon: GD for The Saem*
*pic credit: bigbangupdates*

I know Biotherm isn't a Korean brand but I am beyond thrilled that Won Bin is endorsing the brand for now.
He's like the epitome of anti-aging guys, like seriously!
Either he ages backward or those skincare products he's been endorsing are bloody effective!
 And I so cannot wait for GD's endorsement commercial to be released! My friends are heading to Seoul in April and I am so gonna ask them buy me anything with GD from The Saem! 
Additionally, I'm somehow is praying silently for other brands to sign TOP as the model. It's gonna be a huge deal! That man is scrumptious!

Back to the products, periodically, you'll get freebies related to the models such as calendars, posters, CDs etc which I would usually succumb to.
Which girl doesn't like products that are cute, cheap and err, endorsed by super hot, adorable guys?
 (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment